Do You Know?
- The levels of reading, writing and math skills needed for the workplace are increasing
- 44% of working age British Columbians have math levels lower than needed in the workplace
- 35% of British Columbians have reading skills below the level needed for the workplace
- In Canada, literacy levels decrease with age - 40% of seniors read below the level needed in the workplace
- People with low literacy levels often have more health problems, earn less money and have a higher chance of being unemployed
- 14.6% of Canadians aged 16 to 65 cannot read cookbooks, medicine bottles, and newspapers
- Literacy is an issue which affects everyone!